November 5, 2021
The statues were designed and sculpted by the late Italian sculptor, Francesco Riccardo Monti, former head of the Department of Sculpture of the University of Santo Tomas (UST) then-College of Architecture and Fine Arts (CAFA).
Placed on the pedestals at the fourth floor of the Main Building facing España Boulevard during the rectoral term of Rev. fr. Angel de Blas, O.P. (1949-1953), they are positioned front and center. From left to right, the statues surround the tower clock. "Hope" or Spes is at the left, "Faith" or Fides is atop the clock, and "Charity" or Caritas is at the right side. Together with the rest of the statues, they symbolize the spiritual and intellectual aspirations of the University.