Mission and Vision
The UST Museum, entrusted to be the center of the University’s visual art and tangible cultural property commits itself to:
- Safeguard the collections and make them available for active educational activities and participative appreciation of the global audience;
- Expand its educational role in Cultural Heritage and museography;
- Inculcate awareness through fine fold task collection, education, information, research and conservation; and
- Be a unique instrument in the evangelization of the University.
The UST Museum envisions itself to be:
- An undisputed center of cultural heritage dynamism.
- A center of global excellence in Cultural Heritage Awareness and museum practice.
- A venue for continuous learning and appreciation of Thomasian and Filipino cultural heritage.
- Always uphold intellectual truthfulness.
- Provide accurate information and conform to Museum ethics.
- Belief in oneself and in others, to be in the right path in the pursuit of our goal.
- Being truthful in everything at all times.
- Faithful co-workers who maintain the spirit of teamwork.
- Result-oriented through efficiency and cooperation.
- Enjoyment of work.
- Effective use of Museum resources to accomplish work at a given time.
- Focus work performance to the Museum’s activities and goals.
- No damages and losses to the collections.
- Acknowledge one’s God-given talents and resources to be used in all positive possibilities.
- Create new methods and substitute processes to solve problems.
- Share and contribute ideas in pursuit of attaining the Museum’s goals and objectives.
- Think of innovative ways to make activities interesting for the Museum to be a “living”one.
- Believe that the institution and its people are worth dying for.
- Be faithful and support to the ideals and principles of the organization.
- Dedicate one’s talent and time for the growth and success of the Museum.
- Work for the benefit of the Museum and its people.
- Obtain helpful ideas from others.
- Open to new, fresh and cross-disciplinary approaches and concepts.
- Generate updated or current trends and practices inspired by for creativity.
- Appreciate and internalize external influences and experiences discussed.
GOALS for the School years 2011-2012
- Improve and develop the documentation and cataloguing system of museum collections.
- Plan programs, research and related activities in line with education, exhibition, conservation and publication.
- Develop linkages, educational programs and activities with other colleges and other institutions, both local and foreign.
- Provide support services for the Museum’s use.
- Opening of the Visual Arts Gallery on November 2011.
- More activities and events in line with the closing celebration of the Quadricentennial of UST.